Since 1982, J. Keith Rigg has provided legal advice and representation to clients in state and federal courts throughout Iowa, including Des Moines and Polk County. His practice is limited to criminal law and the defense of those accused of crimes such as:
- White Collar Crimes
- Battery, Assault, and other Violent Crimes
- Drug and Narcotic Sales and Possession
- Sex Offenses
- Operating While Intoxicated (OWI)
- Immigration and Visa Crimes
- Child Pornography Offenses
Mr. Rigg is admitted to practice in all Iowa State Courts (1982), the United States District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Iowa (1983), the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (1992), and the United States Supreme Court (1994).
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Member: Board of Directors)
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association (Chair, Criminal Law Section, 2003-2005; Jury Instruction Committee, 2003-present)
- Polk County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Iowa Trial Lawyers Association.
- Master, C. Edwin Moore Inns of Court.
- Strategies in Handling Iowa OWI Cases, Lorman Education Services, September, 1999
- Criminal Defense Advocacy Course, Drake Legal Clinic/Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November, 2001
- Second Annual Criminal Defense Advocacy Course, Drake Legal Clinic/Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November, 2002
- 17th Annual Criminal Law Seminar, Iowa Association of Trial Lawyers, September, 2003
- Masters of Trial Seminar, Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November, 2003
- Criminal Defense Advocacy Course, Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November, 2004.
- Advancing Defense Strategies, Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November 2006.
- Federal Criminal Law and Procedure, Federal Public Defender's Office, November, 2006.
- Illinois State University, B.S., with honors.
- Drake University, J.D., with honors.
Phi Eta Sigma; American Jurisprudence Awards in Remedies and Civil Procedure
- First Assistant Public Defender, Woodbury County, Iowa, 1985-1986.
- First Assistant County Attorney, Woodbury County, Iowa, 1987-1988.
- Member, Iowa Supreme Court Grievance Commission, 2005-present.